Sunday, October 17, 2010

You're So Vain

"I had some dreams they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee and..."
-The one and only Carly Simon

I'm not really sure why but when I listen to this song I have flashes from my life at age 45 and it involves me on a chaise lounge with a martini in my hand and collagen in my lips.

First off, I've never had a martini and they don't sound appealing. Second of all I'm scared of needles so I'm not sure how the collagen is gonna work. But....this is my vivid imagination. I can write about my imagination in blogs, whereas I can't on Facebook because if I did the word on the street the next day would be that I'm a plastic-surgery addicted alcoholic. :) Don't ya just love gossip?

This week was stressful; I'll leave it at that. But it was my stress to bear and that pleases me. I had a good weekend to make up for it. On Friday, I didn't do squat. I slept in and was like a hobo for a day and I loved every minute of it. Saturday night was spent with Ashlyn and Alex. We had a good time just "vegging out" and watching scary movies. This week should be easy and I'm looking forward to that.

As far as a journal goes, this is about as close as it gets for me. I'm not really one to keep written accounts of everything. I have started doing something that I find relaxing and clever. It's called "what I've learned today" and I write something I learned (or revisited) that day. Could be a quote or a random sentence. If I keep it up, I think it'll be nice to look over from time to time. Since I have only a few followers, I can post this exclusive list and I might try to keep it up. Might.

10/10: George Orwell's real name was Eric Blair.
11: Sometimes it takes you nearly forever to realize the people you thought mattered the most, don't really matter at all.
13: You go into periods of "microsleep" after being awake for 72+ hours.
15: If you have to do something desperate to get it, you probably don't need it that bad.

Just a few of them.
Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment