Thursday, July 1, 2010

Heavy In Your Arms

"I was a heavy heart to carry
My beloved was weighed down,
My arms around his neck,
My fingers laced to crown.
I was a heavy heart to carry,
My feet dragged across the ground
And he took me to the river where he slowly let me drown...
...
I'm so heavy, heavy. Heavy in your arms."

--Florence + the Machine

The song is a little glum but today is, in fact, a good day. My friend Kelby stayed with me last night and we had a pretty good night. It was hard to wake up this morning but once I did I got my butt to class and took my final. I have a good grade in the class, but there's always room for improvement. The professor let us take a notecard full of whatever info we could fit on it into the test with us and that helped majorly. He also went over pretty much every problem on the test the day before so I knew what to expect. I'm confident that I made an A on it, and I can usually never say that about a math test!

I made a decision. Today was supposed to be my last day in Batesvegas for awhile; I was going to go back to the big BK to spend the remainder of the summer. BUTTTTT, that changed. A class opened up in the Summer III term and I really need to take it so I signed up for it. Its Biology for Majors and it'll start at 8am (yeah I know thats not good for me) and go til about 2pm. 3 days a week, which isn't too bad. I was nervous that this would be a hard class to take in such a short amount of time but a friend who took the same class in the Summer II term said it was super easy and I would have an awesome grade. He better be right! So I'm not totally dreading it, it will put me ahead of schedule to get it out of the way.

I have about 6 days off from class and I'm excited about that. I'll probably go hang out with mi madre for a little while and spend the rest chilling in BK.
Til then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment