Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Planets Bend Between Us


Today---> More Snow Patrol

I'm in Branson with the Randy this weekend. I came home Thursday morning to dads surprise trip up here. We come here 2-3 times a year and we have since I was probably 4 years old.
I haven't been many places and I haven't seen much but I never ask to go somewhere new, this is our thing. We come here, just me and him, to get away, even if its just for a couple days.
The trip started out with a bit of discouragement. The hotel we normally stay in, the Spinning Wheel Inn, was closed down for remodeling so we had to stay at its sister hotel, Twelve Oaks Inn (yes like Gone With The Wind). So that was a break in our tradition.
Today I did my favorite activity Branson has to offer....shopping.
I'm pleased to announce I'll be coming home with 2 new Coach bags that I did not overpay for, among other things. Dad and I were going to try to see Alice in Wonderland in Branson's IMAX theater but its sold out :(.
We will be leaving tomorrow morning so I can make it back to Batesville and not have to rush for class Monday.
As far as whats going on at home....
Alba now has a new home. She was adorable and I'm super sad to have had to let her go but my lifestyle was unfair to her. I'm always in class so I could never be with her to keep her company and train her. She deserves better. I'm glad I saved her from being obliterated but I just couldn't keep her. My roommate has her sister so if anybody is in need of a cute puppy, hit me up.

I've had a great weekend; I greatly appreciate dad for bringing me. Now that I've moved, we don't get to spend that much time with each other so its weekends like these that make me grateful I have a father who still dotes on me and takes care of all my wants and needs even though I'm nearly 19. I've always known I'm very lucky.

"The sea filled in the silence
Before you sank those words
And now, even in the darkness
I can see how happy you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment